Miranda Lambert & Blake Shelton Rule The 2012 CMAs

Miranda Lambert & Blake Shelto
       Experiencing another successful year at the Nashville showcase, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton were the king and queen of the 46th Annual CMA Awards on Thursday night (November 1).

As was the case twelve months ago, the country singing couple swept the Male and Female Vocalist of the Year categories with Blake later garnering the top honor as Entertainer of the Year.



Adding to their illustrious evening, Shelton and Lambert's collaborative effort "Over You" was selected as Song of the Year.

Making for an emotionally-charged moment, Blake led off the acceptance speech by talking about the loss of his brother being the inspiration behind the powerful duet.

"I lost my brother in a car wreck when I was 14-years-old, and later in life when I decided I wanted to be a country singer, my dad always told me, 'Son, you should write a song about your brother,'" the 36-year-old revealed. "I lost my dad in January, and it's so amazing to me that tonight even after he's gone, he's still right."

"I just needed the right person to write this song with and the right person to sing it," continued Shelton while then turning to his teary-eyed wife to say, "I love you so much, baby,"

"Thank you, Blake, for allowing me to sing this beautiful song and write it with you," a choked up Miss Lambert replied.

The 28-year-old, who also performed "Fastest Girl In the World" during the CMA festivities, finished up with a "We love y'all" and a fist pump before walking offstage with her man.

Posted by Unknown on 5:36 AM. Filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

0 comments for "Miranda Lambert & Blake Shelton Rule The 2012 CMAs"

Leave a reply